The Counting Us app was developed by Simtech Solutions to help automate the data collection requirements of the annual homeless census to meet the Federal requirements and address local policy needs. Download the app from either Google Play or the App Store, register an account, and use the project key of "DEMO" to get see what a typical count looks like in the app.
Each region gets its own setup key and can have standard or customized surveys available for the PIT Count, or other local activity.
Key features of the Counting Us app include:
- Works on all major devices and operating systems & can also be run from a web browser;
- Surveys can be completely customized to meet local needs and priorities;
- Volunteers register an account to associate their surveys with a specific region;
- Simple survey forms reduce the data collection burden on count volunteers;
- Collects data on individuals and households, sheltered and unsheltered and observation information when a survey is not possible for complete and accurate HUD reporting;
- All of the reporting requirements are met through simple data collection, no calculations are required
- GPS enabled to identify exact location of each survey interaction;
- Users have the option to collect full names and dates of birth which allows information from the count to align with HMIS, document homelessness, and contribute to the "by name lists";
- Offline storage allows surveys to be saved and submitted later so no internet or cell coverage is required;