Regional Point in Time Trend Analysis (FREE)
The Point in Time Homeless Trends Dashboard is a free resource available to communities to better understand the scope of homelessness within the community. These Tableau based dashboards are built off of Housing Inventory Chart (HIC), Point in Time (PIT), HUD funding awards, and census information data that we have taken the time to compile together. To use these dashboards, simply click on your state, choose your CoC from the dropdown below the map, and then peruse through the tabs on top to see what is happening with homelessness in your region.
Simtech Resources to Support the Point in Time Count
The night of the point in time count can be a major undertaking, often involving dozens (or even hundreds) of volunteers to ensure that the entire homeless population is "counted" - and each person just once! Count administrators need to be sure that the right questions are being asked; that people are receiving services; and if using mobile technology, they also need to be sure that volunteers have what they need to participate.
The resources below are geared to assist Count Administrators prepare for the actual event:
- The HUD PIT Interview Survey Questions: This is a pdf version of the survey that can be used for planning, or to be printed and used as a paper packup.
- Spanish Version of HUD PIT Survey: Thank you to the CT Coalition to End Homelessness for translating the survey into Spanish.
- The Paper Intake Form is available for any tech holdouts. Volunteers can use this to collect survey information for multiple people on one page and can then re-key the data later on using the web version of the app hosted at http://www.Counting.Us. Put the responsibility of entering the data back on the volunteers and the adoption rates tend to spike.
- The Cheat Sheet: This document provides step-by-step guidance on how to conduct surveys with the help of the Counting Us mobile app.
- The Getting Started Poster: This can be printed out, enlarged and displayed at a set-up station for volunteers or as part of a training session.
- The Point In Time Report Generation Tool for Domestic Violence Projects: The Violence Against Women's Act (VAWA) has restrictions against the hosting of victim information as a protective safeguard. In order to adhere to this requirement, and still support accurate and efficient data collection and reporting, Simtech Solutions developed an Excel-based tool. Regional count administrators can share this tool with staff at domestic violence projects along with the guidance that they will need to enter in information about the clients they are serving for the night of the count as well as housing inventory details for their project. Once the data entry is completed, the project staff will need to click "Create PDF", save the report, and email the report back to the count administrator. Under no circumstances should this Excel tool be emailed with client information contained within it.